Menopause, A Time for Change - Online
The ‘Change’ or ‘Menopause’ is a natural event, but for many women it represents a time of hormonal upheaval and a wide range of symptoms. For the majority of women, it occurs between the ages of 45 and 55 and lasts between 4 and 8 years. Around 1 in 100 women experience the menopause before the age of 40. For some, the journey through it may feel a bit rocky or, like riding on a roller coaster.
Even though all women experience the menopause at some time in their lives, each in their own unique way, talking about the menopause is still taboo in many working environments.
Experiencing the menopause can potentially impact on how women are perceived by those around them and on their own self-perception and confidence. This, in turn, may affect their careers.
The session aims to take the taboo out of the menopause, explaining the changes that are occurring and introducing steps that can be taken to make life easier during this time with clear and sensible information about recognising symptoms, where to get support and staying positive.
Approximately £100 per day per delegate. Charges depend on how many delegates book.
- To explain that the menopause is a natural part of women’s lives and that 30% - 60% will experience intermittent physical and/or psychological symptoms during this time.
- To reflect on self-image and continuing to fulfill true potential during the menopause.
- To raise awareness of the importance of personal and professional networks to exchange information and help achieve goals.
On completion of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the range of symptoms that can be experienced during menopause transition
- Recognise options available and where to go to find support during this time
- Identify the importance of maintaining a positive self-image and how to overcome any negativity arising as part of menopause transition
- Explain the benefits of achieving personal and professional recognition during this time
- Create and expand your networks appropriately
- Why is there a taboo around menopause?
- What changes occur during menopause and their impact
- What women can do to take more control of what is happening to them
- Appropriate images for maintaining success and progression
- Enhancing visibility as a means of influencing
- The value of networking and relationships during this time
- Developing personal and professional networks
1 November 2022 at 10:00
Delivered online. You must attend all the sessions.
Online sessions include usual breaks. Zoom link(s) are auto-sent from email@example.com a few days in advance of delivery. Full instructions and course handouts will also be sent in advance.
7 spaces remaining