Safeguarding Essentials, Adult - FREE
These courses are organised by SSAB and the Surrey Skills Academy. Please use the link within the 'Course Objectives' text below for any queries.
Personal Effectiveness, Work Processes
This course is aimed at those working with Adults in Surrey including but not restricted to:
District & Borough Administration staff
- Health Administration staff
- Care/ Nursing Home workers and Administration staff
- Support Workers
- Community Care Assistants
- Night Care workers
- Adult specific Charities/ Voluntary specific organisations
- Safeguarding Leads who wish to complete the next level of SSAB training.
By the end of the day candidates will be able to:
- Meaning of ‘abuse and neglect’ in the context of adult safeguarding
- Identify who an adult safeguarding enquiry applies to and the s42 duties
- Types of abuse
- Common indicators of abuse
- The adult safeguarding roles of Surrey County Council, Surrey Safeguarding adults Board and other partners
- How Making Safeguarding Personal (MSP) works in Practice
- Response to disclosures of abuse and neglect effectively
- Correct reporting and recording of adult safeguarding concerns in Surrey
- The relationship between adult safeguarding, child protection and domestic abuse
- What happens when a safeguarding concern is reported to the Local Authority
To book your FREE place, please visit the Surrey Skills Academy
What are the benefits?
It raises your awareness and understanding of staff roles and responsibilities in relation to the safeguarding of adults. This course includes all aspects of basic awareness and Surrey’s multi-agency approach.
No dates are currently scheduled for this course.
These courses are organised by SSAB and the Surrey Skills Academy. Please use the link within the 'Course Objectives' text* for any queries. *To book your FREE place, please visit the Surrey Skills Academy