This privacy notice explains how we collect and use any personal information as part of our partnership agreement.
What information does SLP collect?
The personal information we collect from our partnership authorities/course delegates is as follows:
Delegate information for those that have been added to the waiting list for/ booked onto our courses through this website and have attended our training courses, which will be limited to:
- First and last name
- Business email address
- The name of the courses attended
- The date and location of the courses attended
- Online completed evaluation forms
We will never collect or keep any additional personal information about our course delegates.
We will only share personal information we hold with other Surrey local authorities or training providers for a specified purpose (for example, where a training company has agreed to provide the delegate(s) with additional learning follow up support).
Why does SLP process personal data?
SLP has a legitimate interest in processing personal data as it allows us to:
Contact our partnership authorities in order to:
- Provide information about the services we offer
- Make arrangements for courses that are being delivered
- Send relevant post-course communications and certificates
Keep a record of all delegates that have attended our courses/workshops for the following reasons:
- Provide a record of attendance that partnership authorities can refer to at a later date
- Protect our legal rights in the event that training attendance is a matter of interest in future any legal proceedings
- Enable delegate(s) to request copies of relevant historical certificates that they have lost
- Provide delegate(s) with a method of confirming attendance at personal development events to a new employer
Who has access to data?
- Woking BC ICT as Host server
- Article Seven website developer as site administrator
- SLP Training Project Manager and SLP administrator(s) as site administrators/data processors
- HR logins as data processors for their own authorities
How does SLP protect your personal data?
SLP takes the security of your personal data seriously. All appropriate, technical and organisational measures are taken to ensure security of storage of and access to your data.
For how long does SLP store data?
SLP retains data for 6 years after employment ends.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require SLP to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require SLP to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- object to the processing of your data where SLP is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer for your own authority.
If you believe that SLP has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45 or visit the ICO Website.