An up to date awareness of equality, diversity and inclusion and how it can apply to my specific role. Also served as a refresher of the importance, and the equality act 2010. Great trainer - she was very engaging and I loved the anecdotes which bought the content to life.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion - Online
24 October 2023
I now have knowledge on the techniques used in mentoring and the differences between mentoring and training someone. The trainer, Sue Noble, was excellent, she was well experienced in the topic, had a good level of interactive tasks and adjusted the training to the attendees needs and what we wanted to take away from the session.
Mentoring - How to be a good mentor - Online
19 October 2023
It filled me with confidence and understanding on the role of a manager. We had a lovely group of people and it was really interesting to meet different people from different authorities and hear their experiences.
Aspiring Manager - Online
16 & 17 October 2023
I have taken away some ideas to help me use my time in a way that will be more productive. Planning at the end of each day for the following day. Having a list of three things, must do, should do and could do.
Time and Priorities, Managing myself for staff - Online
11 October 2023
It gave me a better understanding of different strategies on how to diffuse a contentious call.
Telephone Aggression, Managing - Online
10 October 2023
Gave me a good understanding of considerations that need to be made when delivering a training session. Being aware of the varying learning styles of individuals in order to account for everyone.
Train the Trainer - Online
4 & 6 October 2023
It has helped me a lot with setting up appointments, creating the agenda for it and also taking the minutes. Since the training I have had positive feedback on the meeting minutes I have taken and agendas I have created.
Minutes and Meetings & Speed Writing - Online
28 September 2023
[covered] all aspects of form of communications, relevant to my role.
...very comprehensive and covering all types of communications and aspects of how better to understand and respond/react.
Communication Skills, Effective - Online
26 September 2023
It helped me to identify signs to look out for and ways that this can be reported. I thought it was very interesting course. The fact that the trainer was able to inject life experiences into the course also made the course interesting. Thank you
Safeguarding Children, Adults and Domestic Abuse - Online
25 & 28 September 2023
1. It gave me a vocabulary to form a basis of new ways of approaching my mental health and negative thinking patterns, some of which I have been able to already directly apply to my life. I think this course would be beneficial to all, but as it was shared across authorities, we met a broad range of likeminded people.
2. ..thought provoking ways to build new brain habits. The content and pace was perfect for 4 hours training
Resilience and Wellbeing - Online
21 September 2023
Overall, the MDP for New Managers met my expectations and provided me with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to excel in my managerial role. It not only met my objectives but also set me on a path of continuous improvement and growth as a manager. The sharing of a management development program by different authorities enhanced its quality, relevance, and credibility. It provided us with a more comprehensive and adaptable learning experience, enabling us to become more effective and well-rounded managers in our respective roles.
MDP for New Managers - Modules 1, 2, 3 and half-day Action Learning Set - Online and/or Classroom
June - September 2023
New skills; greater understanding of my 'drivers' and how/why I need to control these and 'put work back in its box' and not let it dominate my life! An excellent course I will be recommending to colleagues and my team managers.
Setting Boundaries Workshop - Online
13 September 2023
It has helped me to better understand the symptoms and effects of the menopause which will allow me to better support my team. The trainer was interesting and engaging. Very knowledgeable about the subject and gave me the tools required.
Menopause for Managers - Online
12 September 2023
It showed me how I work at present and how I could adapt that way to be more rounded. It taught me how to look at myself and how I work before possibly going for an internal advancement.
Personal Development Workshop - Online
7 September 2023
How to summarise and identify the main points for the readers to engage with. Really great trainer, interesting and helpful with constructive feedback.
Report Writing - Online
20 July 2023
Very comprehensive info on nutritional benefits of different foods so useful to know for making dietary choices during perimenopause or menopause.
Menopause, Nutrition and - Online
19 July 2023
Have a better understanding of symptoms and the menopause in general - being able to share with others in the workplace. Setting time aside to have conversations - making sure there are no stigmas attached. Make myself available as a manager and colleague for conversations/discussions - open communication/listening. Recognise the need to make adjustments in the workplace for individuals different needs.
Menopause, Psychological Impact of - Online
19 July 2023
1) ..it left me wanting to learn a lot more about the subject and practical steps I can take to make the necessary change. I have a better level of awareness of essential work we must undertake to meet Climate change targets.
2) Rick, the trainer was really engaging. There was a great balance between content, discussion and explanation. I thought the presentation itself was great as well, explained a sometimes complicated topic very easily.
Climate Change Fundamentals - Online
13 July 2023
The trainer Ali was fantastic. She kept on topic, really explained well and gave great examples. She always ensured everyone was happy at participating and being included as well as managing expectations and giving advanced warnings where needed if there was a particularly difficult topic on the course. She was very knowledgeable on the MHFA subject. I'd recommend the course to all staff.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) - Online
11 & 13 July 2023
Gave me some useful tips to use when conducting 121's. I found the scaling tool very useful as well as this is one i can use immediately with my team.
Performance Management, Effective - Online
5 July 2023
I gained understanding of a couple of analysis techniques that were new to me. Overall the course reaffirmed my existing ideas and understanding of change management. The course was delivered well, and contained good and useful content. The ideas and techniques mirrored my existing knowledge and understanding of change management. The other course attendees were all pleasant to engage with.
Change Management - Online
22 June 2023
It served partly as a refresher tool as well as a learning tool. It was useful to learn techniques to to understand and interact with my colleagues more effectively, as well as to express myself appropriately at work. It was useful to gain an understanding of how others view and deal with these issues. It is good to know that you are not the only one with room to grow in this area.
Emotional Intelligence, Understanding - Online
22 June 2023
Lots of better insight in the health and safety elements of Lone Working, better depth of understanding of risk factors and policy required. I thought the trainer was an excellent communicator.
Lone Worker Safety - Online
14 June 2023
This course was a good starter to understand mental health and be able to define different aspects of mental health
Understanding Mental Health - Online
25 May 2023
New techniques, ways to assert myself and phrases to use; I now know how to establish a 'psychological contract', awareness of Parent-Adult-Child model. I feel more confident.
Assertive Skills for Managers - Online
16 May 2023
1) I wanted to have leadership courses on my CV and to learn how to work for a leadership position and this course has helped me in this. It gave me a good base from where I could start working towards reaching my objective of applying successfully for a management position
2) This course gave me a broad and clear vision on management and gave us tools to project and question ourselves in a management's position. I find sharing this course with other authorities enriching as each Authority has their own way of approaching management
Aspiring Manager - Online
12 & 15 May 2023
I wanted to confirm some of our practises, build confidence that I was working well and efficiently and pick up any new tips that would benefit the team. I think the course did this well and I have come away feeling that we do this quite well, but that there are occasions when I would benefit from blocking out time to complete particular tasks away from interruptions from colleagues.
Administration Skills, Introduction to - Online
31 March 2023
1) It helped me use the right communication and the the right body language to assert myself without being offensive.
2) Just a thank you to Bev. She was a great speaker, very professional and answered all of our questions. She took time aside to answer one question an attendee had in great detail which was fantastic of her.
Assertive Approach, Developing an - Online
23 February 2023
1) Got some really useful strategies for dealing with pressure and some great prompts for use when saying 'no'. Prioritisation of tasks to ensure important-urgent category doesn't get overloaded and and other less urgent-important tasks are categorised appropriately.
2) It gave me some useful ideas around managing my time better and permission to question if all requests of my time are reasonable, and how to raise concerns if things are becoming unmanageable.
Setting Boundaries Workshop - Online
22 February 2023
1) Taught me a lot about financial stability and making smart decisions in regard to spending & saving. Better understanding of financial situations that people could be faced with, like debt for example.
2) So much helpful information regarding a huge subject! An excellent overview of what to think about / what advice is on offer. I plan to download and make use of the budget planner from Kith & Kiln Wellbeing. Have already put into practice the tips Sean gave us e.g. be honest, use bank statements, do I spend more than I earn etc. Very enlightening!
Making the Most of Your Money & Cost of Living - Online
2 February 2023
1) I have changed my writing style to use shorter sentences and fewer words, not to justify paragraphs, and not to use long lists of bullet points but use numbering instead. Craig McGregor was an excellent trainer who involved all of the trainees and made the course content applicable to everyone.
2) It was very helpful that the course leader took everyone's direct responsibilities/requirements into consideration and tailored the course around this. It was nice to generally brush up on optimal written communication.
Better Business Writing - Online
19 January 2023
Increased my knowledge and confidence in leading my team and dealing with challenges as and when they happen. Increased confidence in areas like dealing with conflict and motivation of the team. Also it will allow me to change my current practices to better lead my team going forward.
Leading Your Team - Online
17 January 2023
Very interactive and kept everyone engaged. Sue also gave some very good ideas on how to deal with specific dilemmas. Thinking about how I can amend my management style to deal with challenges more effectively.
Management Dilemmas - Online
13 January 2023
1) The course met my objectives by allowing me to refresh on what is important to me, goals and careers, my personal values and how that is important to where you work and the role that you carry out. The type of person I am and how women are valued in most work places.
2) Helped connect with women who are in different authorities, different positions who are going through similar situation as myself in career growth and plans
Women's Development Programme - Online
14 November 2022 to 3 March 2023
1. Inspired confidence and assertiveness around using language kindly and fairly about ourselves and others.
2. Really good course, and very engaging training. Really enjoyed this.
Inclusive Language – Online
3 November 2022