Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) - Online
Personal Effectiveness, Wellbeing
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
Adult MHFA courses are for everyone aged 16 upwards. Every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor who has attended our Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and is trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn.
2 days - 9am to 5pm. You must attend all sessions.
Approximately £150 per day per delegate. Charges depend on how many delegates book.
How will attending an MHFA course help?
- Research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
What will I learn?
Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions.
- A practical skills and awareness course designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
What will I receive?
- A MHFA England First Aider Certificate
- A comprehensive course manual to refer to whenever needed
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- MHFAider Support App - 24/7 text support service; resource library; signposting database
30 April 2024 at 09:00 and 1 May 2024 at 09:00
Delivered online. You must attend all the sessions.
Online sessions include usual breaks. Zoom link(s) are auto-sent from [email protected] a few days in advance of delivery. Full instructions and course handouts will also be sent in advance.
Please note you will be expected to use your camera and display your name on all training. If unable to comply, please ensure the trainer understands why and notes your name and authority for recording attendance.
10 spaces remaining