Aspiring Manager - Online
Management Development, Personal Effectiveness
This programme is aimed at those who are thinking about management as a career.
4 x 2.5 hours over 2 days (not necessarily consecutive)
Approximately £100 per day per delegate. Charges depend on how many delegates book.
To provide you with:
- an insight into the management role and the skills required, and
- confidence in your own abilities to consider management as a suitable career path.
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of people management skills as your career progresses
- Identify what skills and behaviours make a good manager, and explain the scenarios where practical application of these skills will be needed, including managing individual performance, building a strong team and recruitment
- Identify your own individual strengths, challenges, work preferences and style
- Identify strategies to support your own wellbeing at work, and that of others
- Define your career aspirations and identify any real or perceived barriers to progression
- Explain the importance of a learning approach to your career journey and identify development opportunities in your workplace.
- Create a personal development plan (supported by your line manager and/or a mentor from your organisation)
- Demonstrate the application of management skills outside your normal role and receive feedback.
- People Management
- Skills and Behaviours
- Applying People Management Skills
- Your Skills and Behaviours
- Looking Out for Yourself and Others
- Inter-Modular Activities
- Your Career Aspirations
- Your Learning Approach
- Learning Opportunities
- Preparing for the Next Step Part 1 - 70:20:10
- Preparing for the Next Step Part 2 – STAR
- Preparing for the Next Step Part 3 – SMART
- Creating a Personal Development Plan
10 November 2022 at 10:00 and 16 November 2022 at 10:00
Delivered online. You must attend all the sessions.
Online sessions include usual breaks. Zoom link(s) are auto-sent from firstname.lastname@example.org a few days in advance of delivery. Full instructions and course handouts will also be sent in advance.
6 spaces remaining