Aspiring Manager - Online
Management Development, Personal Effectiveness
This programme is aimed at those who are thinking about management as a career.
4 x 2.5 hours over 2 days (not necessarily consecutive)
Approximately £100 per day per delegate. Charges depend on how many delegates book.
To provide you with:
- an insight into the management role and the skills required, and
- confidence in your own abilities to consider management as a suitable career path.
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of people management skills as your career progresses
- Identify what skills and behaviours make a good manager, and explain the scenarios where practical application of these skills will be needed, including managing individual performance, building a strong team and recruitment
- Identify your own individual strengths, challenges, work preferences and style
- Identify strategies to support your own wellbeing at work, and that of others
- Define your career aspirations and identify any real or perceived barriers to progression
- Explain the importance of a learning approach to your career journey and identify development opportunities in your workplace.
- Create a personal development plan (supported by your line manager and/or a mentor from your organisation)
- Demonstrate the application of management skills outside your normal role and receive feedback.
- People Management
- Skills and Behaviours
- Applying People Management Skills
- Your Skills and Behaviours
- Looking Out for Yourself and Others
- Inter-Modular Activities
- Your Career Aspirations
- Your Learning Approach
- Learning Opportunities
- Preparing for the Next Step Part 1 - 70:20:10
- Preparing for the Next Step Part 2 – STAR
- Preparing for the Next Step Part 3 – SMART
- Creating a Personal Development Plan
29 February 2024 at 10:00 and 4 March 2024 at 10:00
Delivered online. You must attend all the sessions.
Online sessions include usual breaks. Zoom link(s) are auto-sent from [email protected] a few days in advance of delivery. Full instructions and course handouts will also be sent in advance.
Please note you will be expected to use your camera and display your name on all training. If unable to comply, please ensure the trainer understands why and notes your name and authority for recording attendance.
8 spaces remaining