Building Personal Resilience - Online
3 hour on-line training session
Approximately £50 dependent on number of participants
The content aims to help individuals:
- define ‘resilience’
- develop a personal plan for greater personal resilience
- know how to define stress from pressure
- know how stress affects them and their colleagues
- understand where stress comes from
- have a range of tools for dealing with the stress in their lives – both business and social
Session 1: Building Resilience in extraordinary times
- What is resilience
- Where does it come from
- How can we develop it further
Session 2: Where are we at the moment?
- What are our current levels of stress/pressure?
- Pinpointing ourselves on the ‘hillside’.
Session 3: The Effect of Change
Filling in the Life Events Scale, followed by tutor input on the effect change has on resilience.
Session 4: Spotting the Signs of Stress
Spotting the signs of stress both physically and behaviourally.
Session 5: Our Values and Goals
Re-establishing own values and using our time effectively – what can we do when the normal pathways are temporary blocked.
Session 6: Where are we on the A – B Line?
Avoiding the ‘Superwoman’ and ‘Superman’ syndrome.
Session 7: The Behaviour Connection
The importance of being genuinely assertive and establishing guidelines and norms.
Session 8: The Three Pronged Attack
Categorising our stressors and taking the appropriate action: our unique approach to dealing with the root causes.
Session 9: Building Our Wall of Resilience
Managing our lifestyle through:
- corridors – especially for individuals working from home
- avoiding the wrong food and short term palliatives
- pursuit of pleasure
- a three-minute mindfulness exercise
- grounding practice
- 7/11 breathing
- optimism and positivity
- awarding treats
- being proactive with friends
- limiting social media and news outlets
Session 10: Action Session
Delegates commit to developing their Personal Resilience Action Plan based on the course, to deal positively with their stress situation, and build and maintain their resilience going forwards.
19 March 2024 at 10:00
Delivered online. You must attend all the sessions.
Online sessions include usual breaks. Zoom link(s) are auto-sent from [email protected] a few days in advance of delivery. Full instructions and course handouts will also be sent in advance.
Please note you will be expected to use your camera and display your name on all training. If unable to comply, please ensure the trainer understands why and notes your name and authority for recording attendance.
No spaces remaining