Management Dilemmas - Online
Dealing with Difficult Conversations
All those who manage a team and looking for practical tools, techniques and models to use to avoid and manage difficult situations when they occur.
Approximately £100 per day per delegate. Charges depend on how many delegates book.
By the end of this interactive course you will:
- Know what a management dilemma is – how it’s defined
- Learn whypeople behave the way they do in difficult situation
- Know what your natural style and approach is and how useful this is
- Learn how to manage a variety of difficult situations using models, tools and techniques
- Have practiced skills in small, discreet groups.
Managing teams and people is not always easy. You think all is going well and then something happens which takes the rug beneath your feet. This one day course is will look at the Why, What and How of managing a variety of dilemmas and is aimed at all those who manage a team and looking for practical tools, techniques and models to use to avoid and manage difficult situations and dilemmas when they occur.
As there are so many potential dilemmas which can occur, you are encouraged to think about your own specific dilemma and work place challenge and to see how the learning from this course can help solve some of the challenges you have.
- What defines a management dilemma for you?
- Addressing the elephant in the room
- The emotionally intelligent manager’s approach to managing a dilemma
- Why dilemmas happen in the first place
- The fear of dealing with difficult situations
- The psychology of communication and avoiding triggers which lead to a dilemma
- Adapting your communication style to influence
- Essential skills in managing dilemmas
- Tools and techniques for managing dilemmas
- Setting the scene for a successful problematic conversation
- Practice and review of learning
No dates are currently scheduled for this course.