Conflict & Aggression, Managing - Online
All staff in direct contact with service users in situations with potential for conflict.
Approximately £100 per day per delegate. Charges depend on how many delegates book.
This workshop is intended to provide staff with the knowledge and skills to effectively respond to situations of conflict with service users. The focus of the course will be on strategies to correctly assess conflict situations and reduce the likelihood of escalation through the effective use of defusing techniques.
On completion staff should be able to:
- Describe in general terms, the definition of work related violence
- Describe in the fight/flight response & emotional responses to threats
- Explain and give examples of triggers and inhibitors to aggression
- Observe and assess risk in a situation using a “dynamic risk assessment”
- Describe a simple model of two way communication
- List the common types of physical and emotional blocks to communication
- Explain some considerations for communicating during conflict with people who have learning disabilities or mental health issues
- Recognise submissive, assertive or aggressive behaviour
- Demonstrate an effective method of defusing conflict
- Demonstrate a simple four step conflict resolution model
- Demonstrate safe stances and distances when dealing with aggressive service users
- Demonstrate safe & effective ways to disengage from potentially dangerous situations
- Recognising and assessing risk
- Understanding aggression
- Mental Health and Conflict
- Defusing techniques
- Conflict resolution strategies
Aspects of Telephone Aggression
- Law and policy on violence and aggression in the workplace
- Personal safety and disengagement skills
14 March 2024 at 10:00
Delivered online. You must attend all the sessions.
Online sessions include usual breaks. Zoom link(s) are auto-sent from [email protected] a few days in advance of delivery. Full instructions and course handouts will also be sent in advance.
Please note you will be expected to use your camera and display your name on all training. If unable to comply, please ensure the trainer understands why and notes your name and authority for recording attendance.
3 spaces remaining