Mentoring - How to be a good mentor - Online
Communication Skills, Personal Effectiveness
Mentoring plays an essential role in organisations and along-side coaching it can enhance professional development, motivation, performance and empower individuals to undertake important projects they may otherwise not feel able or skilled to do.
2 x 3 hours over 2 days. You must attend all sessions.
Approximately £100 per day per delegate. Charges depend on how many delegates book.
The aim of this development day is to raise awareness and understanding of what mentoring is and how to get the most from your mentoring relationships. This course will demonstrate how to mentor successfully by using a range of enabling communication styles.
By the end of the training you will:
- Know what mentoring is and the benefits to everyone involved
- Know the difference between mentoring, coaching and on the job training
- Know what your role is as a mentor and the likely expectations your mentee will have
- Learn how to mentor successful using active listening and incisive questions
- Know instinctively when to share your knowledge and experience
- Know how to structure your mentoring sessions to keep sessions on track
- Have practiced mentoring one or more of your colleagues
What mentoring is and essential mentoring skills
- Your personal experience of mentoring or being mentored
- Understanding what mentoring is and is not
- The roles and responsibilities of a mentor
- Expectations from mentor and mentee
- Essential skills
How to mentor and managing the mentoring relationship
- Review of what mentoring is
- The 5 stages of the mentoring relationship
- Structuring your mentoring sessions using the EMERGE mentoring model
- How to contract and setting the scene for your mentoring sessions
- Knowing when to give advice and when not
- Mentoring practice and insightful discussions
- Action plan
23 April 2024 at 10:00
Delivered online. You must attend all the sessions.
Online sessions include usual breaks. Zoom link(s) are auto-sent from [email protected] a few days in advance of delivery. Full instructions and course handouts will also be sent in advance.
Please note you will be expected to use your camera and display your name on all training. If unable to comply, please ensure the trainer understands why and notes your name and authority for recording attendance.
7 spaces remaining