Performance Management, Effective - Online
Anyone in a line management/team leader role with responsibility for managing the performance of team members including conducting one-to-ones and performance review discussions.
3 hours. You must attend all sessions.
Approximately £100 per day per delegate. Charges depend on how many delegates book.
- To explore the role, purpose and importance of effective performance management
- To understand the various reasons for poor performance
- To develop skill, confidence and understanding of the manager/team leader role in managing performance
- To explore strategies and approaches to effective objective setting – especially for soft skills
- To understand how to give effective feedback so as to enhance performance and motivation
- To build confidence and skill in handling difficult performance management situations and conversations
- To identify training and development needs/opportunities
- To explore the importance of follow-up so that performance management conversations are on-going and meaningful and lead to positive outcomes.
• What is it?
• The benefits
• Potential difficulties
• Setting objectives
• ‘Hard’ & ‘soft’ objectives
• Performance of hybrid workers
• Exploring performance gaps
• Understanding the reasons for poor performance
• Quantitative and qualitative performance measures
• Task, team & customer
• Facing our fears
• A structured approach
• Motivational & developmental feedback
• Giving feedback online
• Handling emotion
• Reactions to feedback
• Getting agreement to change
16 January 2024 at 10:00
Delivered online. You must attend all the sessions.
Online sessions include usual breaks. Zoom link(s) are auto-sent from [email protected] a few days in advance of delivery. Full instructions and course handouts will also be sent in advance.
Please note you will be expected to use your camera and display your name on all training. If unable to comply, please ensure the trainer understands why and notes your name and authority for recording attendance.
5 spaces remaining