Persuading and Influencing People - Online
Anyone who needs to get their point across in a persuasive way to initiate change, impel action or defuse difficult situations. It is relevant both for managers who want to get their team onside or those who have a specialist, technical or customer-facing role and who need to speak simply and powerfully to reach the hearts and minds of their audience.
2 x 3 hours on 1 day (you must attend all sessions)
Approximately £100 per day per delegate. Charges depend on how many delegates book.
By the end of the modules you will be able to:
- Recognise the difference between persuasion, influencing and manipulation
- Understand what persuasion and influencing style you naturally prefer
- Establish rapport confidently to enhance personal impact
- Select different strategies that you can use to influence situations you encounter
- Adapt your approach to your audience
- Win others over to your point of view by focusing on what matters to them •
- Immediately apply the skills you learned into your real life situations
Module 1: Assessing your style and assertiveness level
Your style – Positive and Assertive
- Identify your own natural style of influencing and communication
- Setting the context for this type of communication within your role
- Getting your ideas across in an assertive and effective way
Aspects of Influential Communication
- How non-verbal language can influence positively and negatively
- Establishing and maintaining rapport through finding common ground
- Your personal communication style – self-analysis/skills audit
Pre-course – to consider your natural style and assertiveness level
Module 2: Persuasive behaviours & situational management
- Defining persuasiveness and what makes a person a good persuader
- Questioning techniques and active listening skills
- Persuasion tactics to shape others’ opinions and/or gain agreement
Dealing with Typical Situations
- Preparing your argument by developing an persuasive strategy
- Research - know your topic and your facts
- How to handle sensitive and difficult issues
The Way forward
Summary, review and taking the new ideas back to your workplace
Pre-course – To consider a work issue which does or has caused you difficulties.
1 May 2024 at 10:00
Delivered online. You must attend all the sessions.
Online sessions include usual breaks. Zoom link(s) are auto-sent from [email protected] a few days in advance of delivery. Full instructions and course handouts will also be sent in advance.
Please note you will be expected to use your camera and display your name on all training. If unable to comply, please ensure the trainer understands why and notes your name and authority for recording attendance.
4 spaces remaining