Project Management - Online
The training is introductory level and suitable for all those who need to manage projects in their role, and all those who have an interest in project management.
4 x 2 hours over 2 weeks (you must attend all sessions)
Approximately £100 per delegate. Charges depend on how many delegates book.
This programme of 4 x two-hour bite-sized online training sessions introduces delegates to the core skills, tools and techniques they will require to confidently manage projects.
Delegates will need to attend all 4 sessions. Course reference materials are provided for all attendees.
Session 1: Defining the Change
- The dynamics of Change
- Identifying why change occurs
- The importance of Business Cases and their development
- Ownership of Benefits, Disbenefits and the purpose of a Business Case
- Stakeholders and Mapping Change
Session 2: Key Roles and Governance
- The main active roles in projects and their responsibilities
- Management of stakeholder expectation including MoSCoW
- Recognised soft skills and their development
- Behaviours and Principles
- The importance of agreed communication approaches from Highlight Reports to Daily Stand-ups
- The different Bias we hold and how have can affect our decision making
Session 3: Planning
- Providing the Objectives and Scope
- Approaches to scoping: Brainstorming, lists, lessons learned, Breakdown Structures
- Why different stakeholders, teams or individuals are central to understanding scope
- Visibility of information and Rich Communication
- Gantts, Timeboxes and Stages
- What is a Network and why we all use them!
- Shaping the scope into a logical flow
Session 4: Risk, Issue and Lessons Tracking
- Definition and difference between Risks and Issues
- The basic process of Identification, Analysis and Control
- Psychology and Stakeholders
- Continued Lessons Learned using Stages and Catch-ups
- Importance of capturing the Good, Bad and Missing or Glad, Sad, Bad.
- Action Planning
No dates are currently scheduled for this course.