Understanding Mental Health - Online
Personal Effectiveness, Wellbeing
Personal and Financial Wellbeing
All staff working in situations where they may encounter people with mental health issues and how to respond to them.
Approximately £100 per day per delegate. Charges depend on how many delegates book.
This workshop is intended to provide staff that are presented with behaviours they may be unfamiliar with, the knowledge and communication skills to effectively manage such situations. The focus of the course will be on identifying such behaviour and developing effective strategies to appropriately respond to them.
- Understanding and recognising specific mental health disorders, including: Depression and anxiety; Bi-polar disorder; the psychotic disorders; Obsessive Compulsive disorders (e.g. hoarding); drug and alcohol misuse and the dementias
- Common misconceptions around mental health issues and public biases
- Effective communication strategies for mental health disorders
- Understanding hallucinations, paranoia and delusions
- Vulnerability and Safeguarding - reporting and recording
No dates are currently scheduled for this course.